We are very sad to inform you that Morph.ai will be closing all its operations from 15th July 2020 because of the impact of COVID-19 on our business.
What went wrong?
In these times of crisis, the whole world is facing unique challenges and roadblocks. People are losing their loved ones, Small businesses are getting closed, and economies are going down. While we are all trying to sail through this, for us, our story is ending in a way we didn't expect.
Being in a growth phase, our business largely depends on revenue and external investments. Due to COVID both of them dried up quickly because of the following turn of events:
- Major Investment Rollback: We were actively raising VC funds and due to COVID there was a sudden rollback of investment commitment from one of the major investors last month.
- Loss of revenue: Many of our customers stopped their subscription plans due to the impact of COVID on their businesses leading to a further decline in revenue.
- Lower margins: WhatsApp is expensive and we maintained low margins. COVID has worsened the situation affecting our revenue and cash flow.
Due to these unforeseen events, today we have to take this hard decision.
It was definitely not easy to do this and all of us at Morph.ai are in shock and disbelief that things have to turn out this way. I hope that you resonate with this feeling and understand and empathize with our situation and the decisions we had to make because of it.
All of this does not mean we are leaving you out in the open, we have laid out steps to transition you smoothly out of Morph.ai and minimize the impact on your business.
What should I do as a customer?
We will be shifting you to other alternative solutions while trying to minimize any impact on your business. We are working directly with these solutions to make this transition smooth. More details about this will be shared individually, based on your use-case, in the next couple of days.
How long will my bot work?
Your bot will be fully functional till 30th June 2020.
What will happen after 30th June?
To ease the transition to other tools/products, from 1st July to 15th July 2020 you will be able to log-in and access just the Chatflow section. All the other features will no longer be available and your bot will be stopped.
What will happen to my data?
- Till 30th June 2020, you can access the complete platform. You can take the export of your users and all related data properties from the Audience section in the same period.
- From 1st July to 15th July 2020 you will be able to log-in and access the Chatflow section. This will help you set up on other tools.
What will happen to my subscription plan?
- Your subscription plan will be stopped on, 30 June 2020.
- Any additional fee paid for a period later than 30th June 2020, will be refunded.
- You are liable to pay any payments pending for a previous duration.
- If your WhatsApp account was not activated then your activation amount will be refunded completely by 15th July 2020.
- If you have paid for custom setup and our team has not completed it then the custom setup fee amount will be refunded by 15th July 2020.
Due to a sudden crunch of cash, we are not in the position to offer refunds for any other cases and we hope you understand our inability of doing that because of the rapid turn of events.
How do I get in touch with you for any questions?
- Use the support tools on the platform. (After logging in, click on the 'Help' icon on the bottom right)
- If you need assistance then our support team will help you with any questions you may have.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring that you have a smooth transition. We are trying in our complete capacity to find alternative solutions and suitable pricing models for you to continue your interactions on WhatsApp. In this tough time, we will need a lot of support and understanding from you to keep our morale up.
Thanks a tonne for liking and trusting Morph.ai. Our best wishes for you to continue your business through these tough times and emerge stronger.